Lately I've gotten so frustrated that the weather doesn't seem to be warming up much. Looking out the window the weather has been nice and sunny for the most part, but step outside and you freeze! Today is actually a nice day though, the kind of day you can feel the sun warm you up just a little. I decided today was the day to introduce my little morning glory to the outside world for the afternoon.While we were home over Christmas my mom gave me some morning glory seeds and after researching, I planted one. I found a really neat link on making cheap homemade seeds pots, and don't laugh, but I planted it in a toilet paper roll, which worked really well. On January 16th I planted the seed and in two days the seed had sprouted. By Day 3 the little sprout had grown up almost an inch and had two tiny leaves on the end! The past few days I noticed the two bottom leaves were turning yellow and I thought I'd killed it, but turns out thats normal and they'll be falling off soon, giving way to hardy leaves and dark purple flowers this summer.
Black-Eyed Susan Vine, Moonflower Vine, Tumbling Tom Tomatoes
This morning I ordered a packet of Tumbling Tom Tomato seeds. Its a "weeping-form tomato that trails up to 2 feet from hanging baskets, every inch studded with 1-to 2-inch fruit" so they claim. We'll see what happens.
I can't wait to have our own backyard. I told Josh once we have our own place, I'm going to be that lady digging around in her backyard with gardening gloves and a big floppy straw hat.







1 comment:
I'm so looking forward to planting a big garden at our next house. That tumbling tom tomatoe plant looks like it would be really cool - I'll have to research that. One of our neighbors was going to give us part of her tomato plant, but we would have had to keep it inside and the leaves are poisonous, so I opted not to have one inside until the kids are past the age of eating everything they see!
Post a Comment