We've accomplished alot in the week and a half Josh has been home recooperating. After getting the first week's cabin fever out of Josh's system, I think he's starting to enjoy his time at home. We just finished the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Seasons of Lost and are working on our third 33 ounce Goldfish Cracker carton. ha!
Last night Josh and I compared our personal ways of eating Goldfish. Josh likes to bite the tails off while I have to bite them in half down the middle, salty side toward my tongue. Then we discovered new ways to bite them. Sounds like we're bored out of our minds, but we had fun!

Tonight, like every other lately, is movie night. American Gangster is tonight's choice, along with Josh's request for homemade carmel popcorn, just like Debbie made when he was growning up. Two Christmases ago, when Morgan was visiting, we all tried to make it but completely forgot the butter and it was a huge mess! Last Christmas Clay and I made it but Josh was off with the boys so he missed out.
Carmel Popcorn
Ingredients:
1 bag popped popcorn
1/2 stick of butter
1 bag unwrapped carmels
Directions:
Using a doubleboiler, melt butter and carmel together until it pulls away from the bowl. Pour over popcorn and quickly mix well.
Tonight, like every other lately, is movie night. American Gangster is tonight's choice, along with Josh's request for homemade carmel popcorn, just like Debbie made when he was growning up. Two Christmases ago, when Morgan was visiting, we all tried to make it but completely forgot the butter and it was a huge mess! Last Christmas Clay and I made it but Josh was off with the boys so he missed out.
Carmel Popcorn
Ingredients:
1 bag popped popcorn
1/2 stick of butter
1 bag unwrapped carmels
Directions:
Using a doubleboiler, melt butter and carmel together until it pulls away from the bowl. Pour over popcorn and quickly mix well.




3 comments:
So...I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you told me to put a bowl over the boiling water to make a double broiler. Thanks to the pics I know realize it's because you have metal bowls!!! All my big bowls are plastic, and I thought you were crazy because I knew they would melt. Thanks for the pics!! Maybe I should invest in some heavy duty bowls... :) oh yeah...and josh looks so much like dad in those pics it's SCARY!
When Clay and I made it last Christmas we used your mom's heavy-duty big plastic yellow bowl so it might still work if you think your bowl could take the heat;)
Ya'll are so cute! Glad Josh is feeling better!! OH and Karale-I eat my goldfish like you do too! :)
Post a Comment