
This is our balcony. Notice the bird feeder, over on the right, just above the pot where the moonflower vines are growing. I usually keep the feeder filled with black oil sunflower seeds for the 15 or so sparrows, cardinals, goldfinches, chickadees and nuthatches that visit. Care to guess where this post is going???
I just got in from checking on all the plants outside because we've had very strong winds all day. As I was looking at the leaves on the moonflower vine, I noticed about 14 little sprouts...SUNFLOWER SPROUTS! I was afraid this was going to happen, but more importantly, how did I miss this and what on earth am I going to do with them?! I'll figure something out in the next month...or I'll just wait until they've flowered and overnight a bouquet to my mother-in-law.
*cue sarcastic laughter (because she despises sunflowers)*
Just kidding, Deb!


*cue sarcastic laughter (because she despises sunflowers)*
Just kidding, Deb!




No comments:
Post a Comment