Friday, May 16, 2008

We had a really beautiful day today. Josh umpired in a couple of Coast Guard softball tournament games today while I finally bought some potting soil and planted most of the plants I've been growing this Spring. Not knowing exactly how much soil I'd need, I picked up six twenty pound bags...I ended up only needing two...everyone thought that was funny for some reason...

I planted the morning glories and moonflower vines in big terra cotta pots with a trellis in each pot and the Tumbling Tom tomato plants into two hanging baskets. I picked up some rosemary (my favorite herb) and have it in a really cute terra cotta pot. Peppermint and lemon balm are together in another pot. Now we're just waiting on the petunias to grow big enough to stay alive outside but it may be awhile, most aren't even close to an inch tall yet.

1 comment:

Flo said...

I am completely in love with your balcony, Karale! The view is pretty on its own, but all your gorgeous flowers and plants make it 10x better. Keep up the great work girl!

PS: Brian had to ref some Coastie football games yesterday too, it must have been sports day for everyone :)