I was hesitant to take any because we already have our tomato plants, herbs and vines on the balcony, but the staff loaded me up with purple and white petunias and told me to get started.
Later that day we ran some errands, stopped by Sonic for some jalapeno poppers and Route 44's (it's the first Sonic in Michigan, which opened about a month ago. It's taken that long for the line to die down) and started looking for some railing planters and brackets to fit our balcony railing. We found the planter containers easily but ended up going to 5 stores looking for brackets that would fit our railing and the planters. We finally took a risk on some cast iron basket hangers that were iffy, at best.
When we got home, I planted all the petunias (even the ones I've been growing on the windowsill) and hung the containers on the hangers...which turned out to be a little bit bent and their lengths were inconsistent, which made one container lopsided and me at my wit's end. They say necessity is the mother of invention. Well, that was true for me that afternoon. After a mild tantrum, I raided the linen closet, kitchen cabinets and Josh's sock drawer. That's right.
P.S. Just last night I was talking to some friends about how different the weather patterns are up here than in Oklahoma and how much I miss thunderstorms. Well, we're under a tornado watch until late tonight. Jimmy-rigs and tornadoes: a little slice of home.




No comments:
Post a Comment