[Picture above is Bootcamp Graduation, December 23, 2005, in Cape May, NJ]November 1st marked Josh's 3rd year in the Coast Guard. That day, 3 years ago, he left OKC for 8 weeks of bootcamp in New Jersey and I hyperventilated. He's come quite a long way in 3 years, and I couldn't be more proud. It seems every time I turn around, he's bringing home another award, being recognized for his hard work, and for being so good at what he does. I know our families like to see how well he's doing and since he's too humble to bring these things up himself, I certainly will! He rolled his eyes at this post, but one day I think he'll be glad I kept up with these details.
- Wednesday night, Josh called to tell me he'd received a Good Conduct Medal for 3 years of "not getting into trouble" according to him. He'll wear them on his Alpha (white) and/or Bravo (dark blue) dress uniforms (see first picture).
"Criteria for receipt are outstanding proficiency, leadership, and conduct during 3 continuous years of active enlisted Coast Guard Service. This is awarded on a selective basis to enlisted personnel of the Coast Guard and Coast Guard Reserve for periods of three year's above-average continuous service. Recipients must have been recommended by their CO for proficiency in rating, sobriety, obedience, industry, courage and neatness throughout this period of service. "
[source] - During the station's recent semi-annual EERS (which is like a performance evaluation) Josh's MK1 met with him to discuss the marks he'd given him, and MK1 told him he'd never given someone of Josh's rank such high marks. It was such a boost of confidence for him!
- Last week Josh and some other shipmates also received a coin from Immigration and Customs Enforcement as a thank-you for helping them out.




2 comments:
Congrats to him! And I love the vintage bootcamp picture :)
woohoo for the Good Cookie and the coins!
Post a Comment