We started out with a basil dipping oil and an assortment of breads at Michelangelo's, followed by a really great seafood chowder. Josh had Tortellini con Panna and I had the Portobello Mushroom Ravioli in a tomato cream sauce, which were both really good. The bistro itself was such a cool place; there were Roman columns in the middle of the restaurant and a raised ceiling with a beautiful recreation of Michelangelo's Hand of God painting. There was even a man tucked in a corner crooning some old songs (that we even recognized!) with his guitar.
After dinner we went to the movie theatre to see Julie & Julia, a film based on two true stories about Julia Child and blogger Julie Powell, starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. We both loved the movie and it's officially my new favorite. I can't say enough about it, it really was such a fantastic film. Josh and I both laughed and laughed and I even cried a couple of times.
So, I had a wonderful birthday. Thanks for all of your phone calls, texts and the sweet cards I recieved in the mail, they mean so much.




2 comments:
mushroom ravioli??? twilight much?? :)
hahahah i didnt even realize that!
Post a Comment