Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



We had a very low-key Thanksgiving, but we enjoyed it all the same.  Josh was working on Thanksgiving Day, but many of us wives went to the station that afternoon for the Thanksgiving meal in the galley with our guys.  We all enjoyed turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, vegetable appetizers, desserts and the Detroit Lion's game afterward.

Over the weekend we celebrated with our own tiny little meal that I prepared.  Josh had chosen a cajun turkey breast (which was great!), and I made deviled eggs, fresh green beans with bacon, smashed potatoes and a pecan pie.  Everything turned out really well and I loved not having to stay in the kitchen all day! 

On Sunday afternoon we put up our little Christmas tree and made a popcorn and cranberry garland while we watched White Christmas.  I also made some cinnamon dehydrated apple and orange slices that we hung as ornaments.  We can't wait to see our little girl's eyes when we light our tree next year!

No comments: