I can't believe how great Josh is doing! He is learning how to do more things on his own like getting himself in and out of bed without help, changing clothes, etc. He has little to no pain (thank you, Walgreens!) and is getting to be a pro with the crutches.
Today I had to run back to Walgreens and pick up the rest of his perscription and then to Meijer to get Josh some tuna fish and he had decided he was up to the outing. He went into Meijer with me and got around really well while I ran interference for him, making sure nobody ran into him with a cart. Josh said using his knee and working it feels really good, he can even partially stand and put weight on it, all recommended by his doctor. He's been really smart about not pushing himself yet but I still keep a close eye on him to make sure he doesn't overdo it. He asked me to share that he can now bend his knee to 30 degrees, he's pretty proud of that!
We also changed his bandage tonight and got to see the incisions for the first time. It looks pretty rough but healthy. I counted 35 staples in the big incision, which is about 4 or 5 inches long. I won't be sharing those pictures out of respect for our weak-stomached readers.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I wanna see those incision pics!!!!! ;)
Post a Comment