Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Foreigner Concert: Volume 2

After basically coming to terms that we wouldn't get good pictures of Foreigner, Josh and I went back and sat with our friends. But later I decided to try one more time, hoping to get a little closer to the back of the stage. Josh was going to go along, but C, a friend Josh works with, offered to take me up to the stage barricade because he knew someone from the band's security team. After a quick chat, I was escorted, by myself, through the barricade, given a backstage pass, walked around the back of the stage and dropped off with, who I think, were some of the band member's wives, who took me to the very front of the stage! I was in the VIP section of the concert, standing beside no telling who, possibly GM CEOs and their families, and within just 2 feet of the band!


Once the band saw I was snapping pictures, they each took turns showing off right infront of me! That's Tom Gimbel posing in the picture with me! Very cool!


And there's Jeff Pilson. He got so into headbanging in front of me, I got his sweat all over me! And okay, to most, that's gross, but to me it was the coolest thing ever! I even hesitated before taking a shower when we got home...but I figured being clean was best.


There's still one more post to come!

No comments: